North Carolina Disaster Recovery: April 15-21
|Photo credit: Wall Street Journal|
BPUMC is sending a team to Lumberton, NC April 15-21 to assist the local community in disaster recovery after they were devastated by Hurricane Mathew in the Fall of 2016 and threatened by Hurricane Irma last September. Cost is $250/person and includes transportation, food, housing and materials. For more info contact Cheryl Evan (716)450-2404 / email@example.com.
Deadline for sign-ups is January 31, 2018.
Mission & Outreach Training Seminars on the Horizon
- Saturday, February 10, 2018: Learning Day for Laity and Clergy sponsored by the Cornerstone District of the United Methodist Church and hosted by BPUMC. 9am-3:30pm. There will be workshops on evangelism and discipleship. Click here for the flyer and workshop descriptions. BPUMC will sponsor congregation members wishing to attend. For more information contact Suzanne Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org / (716)386-3401.
- Friday, February 23, 2018: Work as Worship Seminar hosted by Park United Methodist Church, Sinclairville, NY. 8:30am to 3:30pm. The event is a nationwide simulcast of the live event in Frisco, TX and features top CEO's, business owners and professionals from around the USA speaking on topics related to the integration of ministry in the workplace. Registration is $25 and includes lunch. Click here for more information and registration details.
Check out the promo video: https://vimeo.com/241739369
- A single mom needs a bed of any size (twin, full, etc). Contact Cheryl Evan: (716)450-2404 / email@example.com
- A single dad with a disability needs a working refrigerator. Contact Tim Swauger: (716)456-1553 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Love, Inc. has neighbors in need of washers (6), dryers (3), a gas stove, a full-size bed and twin beds (4). Contact Susan Justham: (716)338-9705 / email@example.com